2012-2013 Trapping Guide (PDF)
CHANGES FOR 2012-2013
Certified Humane Trap Requirements
- In Manitoba, only certified humane traps can be used for beaver, marten, muskrat and raccoon. Any restraining traps used for lynx must be certified. See page 17 in the 2012/2013 Trapping Guide for the complete list of all certified traps.
- Additional trap models may be certified throughout the season.
- Please check the Fur Institute of Canada website at www.fur.ca or call 1-613-231-7099 for updates to the certified trap listings.
- The Agreement on International Humane Trapping Standards between the European Community, Canada and the Russian Federation is available at: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/eu-ue/assets/pdfs/eu25-en.pdf
- Note: the proposed requirement to identify traps in the Open Trapping Area has been dropped and will not be instituted.