Frequently Asked Questions – For Centre and Home Providers

Click on a link below to learn more about the topic:

General Questions | Online Child Care Registry | Child Care Subsidy

General Questions

If I am an existing licensed provider, where do I go to access my online reports?

To access your online services, go to the Child Care Online centre and home provider login. You will be able to create and submit facility reports, update your record of child care employees/residents, report a serious injury, apply to renew your licence, apply for grants and find other useful tools for licensed facilities.

Where do I find additional information and resources for licensed facilities?

Go to information for licensed providers to:

  • read communications to licensed providers
  • review training materials
  • learn more about registered pension plans and retirement supports
  • view notifications of sex offenders

Please visit the website’s main resources page to find publications, forms and applications, archives and related sites.

How do I find out about becoming a licensed home-based child care provider?

To learn more about becoming a licensed home-based child care provider, go to home-based child care.

How do I find out about opening a new centre?

To learn more about opening a new licensed early learning and child care centre, go to centre-based child care.

back to top

Online Child Care Registry

What is the Online Child Care Registry?

The Online Child Care Registry is a tool that makes it easier for licensed early learning and child care facilities to manage their wait list. This tool can be used on any computer that has Internet access.

You will be able to:

  • reduce the time you spend creating and updating your wait list
  • view the number of children waiting for a space at your facility
  • access current contact information to let families know when a space becomes available

What is the purpose of the Online Child Care Registry?

The Online child Care Registry:

  • helps licensed facilities keep accurate and up-to-date information on children who need a space
  • reduces time spent on creating and updating your wait list
  • makes it easier for families to find and apply for licensed early learning and child care.
  • provides information to help planning, growing and expanding Manitoba’s licensed early learning and child care system.

How do I get started and what is my PIN?

To get started, follow the instructions below:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click on the My Wait list button.
  3. Click Login on the left side of the screen, in the green bar under the page title.
  4. Click New User? and complete the username and password form. A separate login is required if you manage more than one facility wait list.
  5. Click Create Login when you have completed the form.
    • The system will ask for your facility number and PIN. To get your PIN, please call Online Child Care Registry support staff, toll free at 1-888-213-4754, (204) 945-0776 in Winnipeg or email at
    • Please note: This is a one-time process. After completing these steps, you will use your username and password to log in and view your wait list.
  6. Read the terms of use and click on Accept. The page will then open to the My Facility screen.
  7. Click on My Wait list from the menu in the green bar along the top. You will now have access to your wait list.

back to top

How do I combine my paper and online wait lists?

You should encourage all families on your wait list to register with the Online Child Care Registry. Also, advise all new families who contact your facility to register online. You may provide them with this link to get started: .

Be sure to let parents know to click the On List check box when adding your facility to their list.

Once you have done this:

  1. Login to the OCCR and click on My Wait list.
  2. Click on the Prior Wait list columnto sort the names of the children. If you click it again, it will bring all the children who were on your paper wait list to the top of your online list.
  3. Compare your paper list to your online list. If you notice a child who is not on your paper wait list, you can manually remove the check by clicking the child’s name and clicking Unconfirm Prior Wait list .
  4. As you fill spaces, your paper wait list will empty and your new contacts will all be found online.

How do I recover my username or reset my password if I forgot them?

To recover your username, click the Forgot Username? button on the login page. Fill in the required fields and a list of usernames associated with that email will be sent to your email inbox.

To reset your password, click the Forgot Password?   button on the login page. Fill in the required fields, including your username, and a temporary password will be sent to your email inbox. You will need to create a new password once you log in.

How do I remove children from my wait list?

There are two ways to remove a child from your wait list:

  • If you wish to remove a child from your wait list because you want to place them in your facility, click on the child’s name and change their status to Placed. Enter the date of the placement and then click save. By doing this, you will remove the child from your wait list and all provider wait lists they were on.
  • If you wish to remove a child from your wait list for any other reason, click on the child’s name and change their status to Removed. Choose a reason for removal and then click save. The child will be removed from your wait list, but will remain on other provider wait lists.

How do I log out?

Be sure to click on the Log out button at the top right corner in the green bar. This will prevent you from having problems to log in at a later time and protect the personal information of the families on your list.

Where can I find more information about the Online Child Care Registry?

Click here to open the Online Child Care Registry user guide. The guide explains how to log in and manage your wait list. You may want to print a copy of the guide.

Who can I contact for help with the Online Child Care Registry?

Contact Online Child Care Registry support staff on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.:

back to top

Child Care Subsidy

Where can I find a list of reporting periods?

Log in to Child Care Online for centre and home providers and go to the Subsidy Reporting Period Calendar under facility report to access the list of reporting periods.

How do I make an adjustment or correction to my facility report once I have already submitted it?

Do not submit a second online report for the same reporting period. Please contact your Subsidy Advisor if you need to make an adjustment or correction to your facility report.

How do I report a statutory holiday on my facility report?

Subsidized children have a limited number of allowable absences. For that reason, statutory holidays should be entered as an attended day and not as an absence.

How do I calculate a family contribution when the child did not attend for the full reporting period?

The family contribution payable per child is calculated as a daily amount. To do this calculation you should divide the number of days your facility is open and the child is enrolled and eligible to attend by the number of days approved for subsidy per reporting period.

For example, the family contribution is $100. The child has been approved by the Child Care Subsidy program for 16 days per reporting period, but has only attended 12 days that period. To calculate the daily amount of the subsidy, you would divide the family contribution ($100) by the days approved for subsidy (16 days.)

$100 ÷16 = $6.25

So, the daily amount would be $6.25 per day, plus the non-subsidized daily fee (for example $2.00).

$6.25 + $2 = $8.25

Now, you would multiply the daily amount ($8.25) by the number of eligible days the child attended your facility (for example 12 days), during the reporting period.

$8.25 x 12 = $99

Therefore, the family contribution in this example would be $99. If you need additional help with this calculation, please contact your subsidy advisor.

How much time do I have to submit my facility report/adjustment?

You have 30 days from the end of the reporting period to submit your facility report/adjustment. Failure to do so may result in non-payment.

Who can I contact if I need more information about the Child Care Subsidy Program?

For more information about the Child Care Subsidy Program, please contact the subsidy advisor that has been assigned to your facility. If you do not know who your subsidy advisor is, you may wish to contact the:

Child Care Subsidy Program
100 -114 Garry Street
Winnipeg MB R3C 4V4
Phone: Subsidy Information Services at 204-945-8195 (in Winnipeg)
Fax: 204-948-2143

Hours:  Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Early Learning and Child Care Program 210-114 Garry Street, Winnipeg MB R3C 4V4


Phone: 204-945-0776 Toll-free: 1-888-213-4754 Fax: 204-948-2625 TTY: 204-945-3724

Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m