Filing a Complaint

Employees, who believe their employers did not pay them correctly, can file a claim with the Employment Standards Branch within six months of the last day of work or when the incident happened.

Do I have an Employment Standards Complaint?

Are you owed money from work primarily performed in Manitoba?  

If the work was mostly performed outside Manitoba contact the employment standards office in the Province where the work was performed. If you aren’t sure please contact us.  

Has it been longer than 6 months from your last day of employment?

If it has been longer than 6 months we may not be able to investigate your complaint due to the length of time that has passed. Please contact us.

Do you work in a federally regulated industry such as airlines, national/international trucking, banking, railways, or in TV or radio broadcasting?

If yes, or are not sure, please contact Canada Labour Program (1-800-641-4049) for more information.

Ways to submit a complaint:
You can submit a complaint by email, mail or fax using the printable Complaint Form (PDF)
By email at
By Fax: 204-948-3046
By Mail: Winnipeg - 6th Floor - 401 York Avenue, R3C 0P8

If you require assistance filling out your complaint form, please call us at 204-945-3352 or Toll Free at 1-800-821-4307.


What happens after I file a Complaint?
As a neutral third party Employment Standards will investigate your complaint by speaking to both you and the employer to gather information, evidence, review facts and apply the legislation. If you have any documentation to support your complaint (pay stubs, record of time worked, etc.) you will be asked to provide them when an officer contacts you.



Available in alternate formats upon request.

Get Adobe Reader