Permits for Access, Signs, Structures and Development

A permit is required from the Minister of Infrastructure for development adjacent to provincial highways. Provincial highways include provincial trunk highways, provincial roads and provincial access roads.

As of March 1, 2019, the authority to issue permits for development including accesses, structures, signage and trails adjacent to provincial highways is delegated to the Highway Design Branch of Manitoba Infrastructure, as stipulated under The Transportation Infrastructure Act.

Before applying for a permit, Manitoba Infrastructure strongly encourages you to read the following:

Permit application fees are regulated under the Transportation Infrastructure (General) Regulation.

Processing time for a Permit is approximately 4-8 weeks.
Processing time for a Property Inquiry is approximately 3-6 weeks.

How to Apply for a Permit

Application forms for accesses to or structures and signs adjacent to a provincial highway can be submitted online, in person at any Manitoba Infrastructure regional office, or by mail or in person by appointment only to Manitoba Infrastructure’s Highway Design Branch in Winnipeg.

Unscheduled drop-in services at Manitoba Infrastructure’s Highway Design Branch in Winnipeg are not available at this time. Please contact us for assistance, or to schedule an appointment. We are pleased to support you by phone or email at 204-583-2433 or


Apply for an for Access and Development Permit

In person or by mail:

Print and complete the application form:


For more information contact your local Manitoba Infrastructure regional office or:

Manitoba Infrastructure
Highway Design Branch
Roadside Development Section
1420 - 215 Garry Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3P3

Telephone:  204-583-2433