For Internationally Educated Applicants header

Become Classified

TIP Accelerate the classification process. Start the process from your home country: Gather your required documents now, Complete a credential assessment now computer graphic

STEP 2. Application

Complete the Application for Classification as a Child Care Worker on paper or online.

Online Application

To complete the application online:

A) Register as a New User
B) Apply for Classification as an Early Childhood Educator (ECE)

Paper Application
For a paper application, contact:

Early Learning and Child Care Program
Phone: 204-945-0776
Toll-free: 1-888-213-4754

exclamation graphic


  • If you are submitting educational documents, select or check the Early Childhood Educator box on the application. The Early Learning and Child Care Program will review your ECE Application to determine which classification you are eligible for – CCA, ECE II or ECE III.

  • The Early Learning and Child Care Program will only process applications from applicants who live in Canada.

  • If you have already completed a credential assessment with a Canadian agency, send your credential assessment results to the Early Learning and Child Care Program along with your application.
<<<Back to Step 1 Step 3>>>

Early Learning and Child Care Program 210-114 Garry Street, Winnipeg MB R3C 4V4


Phone: 204-945-0776 Toll-free: 1-888-213-4754 Fax: 204-948-2625 TTY: 204-945-3724

Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m