Quick Escape

Enforcement Outside Manitoba

If a paying person lives outside of Manitoba, the order or agreement can be registered and enforced elsewhere in Canada and even in another country, as long as Manitoba has mutual maintenance enforcement arrangements with that country – a reciprocating jurisdiction.

For free assistance in sending an order outside of Manitoba to be enforced, contact:

Maintenance Enforcement Program
100 – 352 Donald Street
Winnipeg MB R3B 2H8
Phone: 204-945-7133
Fax: 204-945-5449
Toll free: 1-800-282-8069 (Ext. 7133)

Manitobans outside of Winnipeg can also contact the nearest office of the Court of King’s Bench or, where there is no such office, the Provincial Court. Visit the Resources section for a complete list of court offices in Manitoba.

It may also be possible for a support order to be recognized and enforced in some other countries that are not reciprocating jurisdictions, with assistance from private lawyers in those countries. The Maintenance Enforcement Program would not be involved in these cases, but the Family Law Section of Manitoba Justice may be able to provide some information about these types of cases. An enquiry may be sent to ISOQuestions@gov.mb.ca