Federal Food Processing & Distribution

Manufacturers who produce food products that are to be traded internationally or inter-provincially, must be licensed by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)

This licence allows a manufacturer, distributor or importer to sell their product within Manitoba, within Canada or they can export their product to another country, if they meet the requirements of the importing country.

Picture displaying Safe Food for Canadians License both in English and French

For more information, email the Food Safety and Inspection Branch or call 204-795-8418 in Winnipeg.